Sunday 30 March 2014

Review: La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Cream

La Poche-Rosay CC cream*
 
Earlier this week I received the La Roche-Posay CC cream and decided that I would try it all week before writing my honest opinion on it. This is my first ever French product and I'm proud to say that I've been converted for sure (even though it was bound to happen at sometime).  There is quite a lot of science ingredients in the cream which I could write a list about but I wont bore you with it haha, but basically the cream is to correct any redness on the skin and make is look visibly reduced. I don't really have redness problems however I do have acne scarring on my cheeks and wanted to see if the cream could reduce this.
 
So, the packaging itself is really handy. Its a slim bottle so it doesn't take up to much room in a makeup bag, not that you'll need to touch up with it for during the day but for travelling purposes its pretty beneficial. Another little feature that I actually really like about it is the smell. Now I don't normally like my face products to have a scent, but this one is pleasant and is smells fresh, not to overpowering for summer months! Plus the cream is spf30, again another bonus for summer.
 
As for the actual product, like I said its a French company so straight away you're onto a winner. I took a reasonable sized amount (enough to cover my entire face) and blended it in with just my fingers. You could definitely do this with a stippling brush or any type of brush for that matter, but I found that it blended so beautifully without them. The shade of the cream itself is a just a little bit darker than my skin tone but I think it will be a perfect match once I get a bit more colour into my skin (praying that the sun comes out in Scotland soon). Apart from that small downside, I really do love everything else about the product as it does cover my acne scars to a certain extent and doesn't cling to any dry patches at all.
 
La Roche-Posay cc cream normally retails at £19.50 however you can order it here at Escentual for £13. Escentual currently have 1/3rd off all French pharmacy brands throughout the month of March, take a look at their website here, and make sure to follow them on twitter at @escentual
 
What do you think of CC creams, have you ever tried them?

1 comments:

  1. This sounds really lovely and I need to try out some La Roche Posay products - may have to look on the Escentual website if they've got a discount on..! x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete